Thursday, June 14, 2007

Giga Scalloped Heart



I just wanted to post a quick card that I made tonight with my new Marvy Giga Scalloped Heart punch .

The sentiment is from Hero Arts, and one I've always loved. I stamped it using VersaColor Raspberry pigment ink, then clear embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder . After the image was embossed I punched the scalloped heart looking at the under side of the punch for positioning.

I sponged a little raspberry ink around the edges of the scalloped heart, then mounted it on the card with 3M foam tape for dimension.

The background paper is from Paper Studio. It was so pretty that I didn't think it needed much, so I only added a couple of swirls using my Rhonna Farrer Flourishes stamped with the raspberry ink.

This was a quick and easy card...and I just love those sometimes!

Don't forget to register for the blog candy. You can register as many times as you like by leaving a post on the *dreamy treats* post, or any after that one.

Good luck. Somebody is going to win...and it could be you!

14 comments:

Hey Hey Paula said...

Beautiful card - love the swirls and what a nice sentiment. TFS

Jacqueline said...

This is my favourite colour and I love hearts - a nice quick effective card!

Cheryl KVD said...

Beautiful card! I wish I had that heart punch!!
Cheryl KVD

Alhambra Club said...

Great card, love how you did the swirls and that heart punch is great.

Patti said...

I love pink! You are going to have so much fun with that punch! Beautiful card! :)

Anonymous said...

Pretty card, love those Rhonna Farrer flourishes, and the heart. Just received my heart punch can't wait to use it.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card! I just love the pink. The punch is awesome!

Tammi said...

Cute card! And wouldn't you know, that's the punch that I don't have!

doverdi said...

What a pretty card. So simple, yet elegant. I love the flourishes & the new scalloped heart punch. Thanks for sharing.

Pegg S said...

I didn't think I needed the heart scallop-- but I'm getting convinced!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful card!!! I'm lovin that scalloped heart punch....wish I had it! TFS :o)

Cindy Coffman

Anonymous said...

I wish I had a scalloped heart punch! Michelle, WHAT SIZE IS THE PUNCH? Can you give the dimensions?
Your card is great as usual!
Thanks,
Paula

Unknown said...

Paula,

You didn't leave a way for me to find you, so I hope you look here for the answer.

The widest point of the Giga scalloped heart is about 2.75", and it is about 2.75" in length.

Tks!
Michelle

Scrappyant said...

This is a beautiful card.