Tuesday, July 7, 2009

First Feathers

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I was so excited that I found a little time this weekend to ink up this new stamp from Holly Berry House. It's called First Feathers and I think it's just adorable!

I stamped the image three times on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped images wee colored using Tombow Markers and a damp paint brush.

I placed the bottom image on a panel of Baby Blue Prismatics light which was cut and embossed using my Labels One Nestabilities . The brown layer behind it is Suede Brown Prismatics medium.

The larger flowers were made using my Martha Stewart Hydrangea and 3-in-1 Hydrangea punches. The small flower was made with my Punch Bunch Floral Lilacs & Daphne punch. The green leaves are also from that punch. The flower centers are Chocolate Pearls from Kaiser Craft.

The designer paper is from the Basic Grey Wisteria paper pad. The ribbon is 5/8" brown sheer by May Arts.

This last picture is so you can see how much dimension there is on this card with the popped up bird and flowers.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

12 comments:

Joy said...

WOW! Michelle, this is beautiful!

Shannan Teubner said...

This is too cute and gorgeous, all at the same time, Michelle! I love it!

Pam Speidel said...

Oh SO sweet Michelle! Love this little birdie and the soft colors. Very very pretty!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Michelle, this is just the sweetest little bird ever! Your card is, as always, just beautiful with all of its layering and dimension. Ooohhhh I love the little bird! :)

Denise Marzec said...

Oh, Michelle!!! This might just be my most favorite card you've ever done...such beautiful details, and that bird is so stinkin' cute I just wanna hug him!!

Amy Sheffer said...

I love this, Michelle!!! So soft and sweet! And I am soooo going to have to try some of those flowers - love the dimension they add!

JD/ Jill said...

Very cute...

Jeanne Forsyth said...

This is just too cute Michelle! I love the soft colors, and the flowers add just the right touch! How sweet!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - this is the cutest birdy ever - LOL!!!! Sooo sweet!!! The flowers are a fab addition to this beauty!!! Hugs ~S~

Jerri Kay said...

I totally agree with Denise above, this is absolutely adorable Michelle. I love the bird, he so sweet and the flowers are absolutely gorgeous!

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Wow Beautiful card! I just found your blog this morning! I love the this new stamp! thanks for sharing.
Roxx

Judy Rozema said...

SO SO Sweet!!! LOVE the flowers too!