Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hello Birdie!

I finally took the time to play with this adorable Hero Arts Clear Design set. It's called Trees, Birds and Messages .
I first stamped the branch, bending it slightly to get the shape I wanted. That's one of the wonderful things about clear stamps...you can shape them right on your Acrylic Block .

After stamping the branch, I stamped the bird, perching him right on the branch. Since the stamps are clear, I could see exactly where his feet were going. Do you see how they fit, slightly overlapping the branch?

I colored the stamped image using Tombow markers and a blender pen in colors to match my designer paper. The background paper is from the Memory Box Aerial Paper Collection . Isn't it gorgeous?

I'll tell you a little secret...the placement of the ribbon is to cover up a little boo boo. Apparently I had makeup or something on my fingers. Just as I was putting the finished project together I got a smudge on the white bird panel. So I used my SU! slot punch and ran my ribbons through it to cover the smudge. I love it when I can recover from a major blunder. It doesn't ALWAYS happen that way!

I used two shades of green satin ribbon, both from May Arts . And of course I had to add a little Hero Arts bling!

Thanks for stopping by tonight!

16 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ohhhh! How beautiful! I really love this. Absolutely beautiful!

Jennifer :)

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

Beautiful card, Michelle. Such a perfect match with your paper!

Alhambra Club said...

This card is beautiful, the smudge worked out great as the ribbon is wonderful. Love that bird and branch.

Cindy Stewart said...

Gorgeous card Michelle. I love the colors and now I think I need some of that DP!

Anonymous said...

You matched the DP and the image so well! I need to make more "mistakes" if they can turn out so well like this one!! TFS: Tinla

Pam Speidel said...

This is one of those jaw-dropping outstanding cards! Everything coordinates perfectly...and I'm especially impressed with how well you recovered from your "blunder"! You Go Girl! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh my goodness!!! That paper fits that image to perfection!! And your colors are fabulous!! Glad you made a boo-boo too cause the ribbon placement is soooo right on!! Love this adorable creation Michelle!!

Corie said...

WOW -- this is just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

what a lovely card! These colors are so pretty and that Memory Box paper is da best! It's clear now that I'm just going to have to buy more of that in different patterns! LOL Love this one - nice job!!

Kerry Johnson said...

This is gorgeous Michelle! I need to get some of that MB paper! Love the ribbon placement too - a fortuitous mistake!!!

Diane said...

Love it alot!!! That paper is perfect for the image and the colors you used!!

Lynda Benden said...

Oh Michelle, I love this! That stamp is perfect with the paper! Great job!

~Lynda

Amy Sheffer said...

Michelle, I love, love, love, love, love this!!! Can I say that again? It's BEAUTIFUL!

CraftyC said...

A really pretty card, very elegent!
Clairexx

Julie Koerber said...

LOVE this card Michelle! That stamp set with that paper is to die for! You have such a way with cards!

Marge said...

Oh, Michelle, I love your bird card so much too -- thanks for stopping by my little blog & leaving a comment!
Also love how you did the ribbon; no one would ever have known it was a "boo-boo" as it's perfect!
Green being my fav color, your paper is to die for!!!