Sunday, July 31, 2011

Comfort Cocoa

For those of you who who aren't card makers, but read my Facebook Page , I need to tell you that for those of us who make handmade cards, " 'tis the season" for us to get started our Christmas cards! Yes, I know...it's 100 degrees outside here. But that's just what we do! The time spent on each one of these means we have to start really early to get them all done!

Today I used stamps from Impression Obsession , which is one of my most favorite stamp companies! The image on the front is Comfort Cocoa , from their 2011 Christmas catalog! I stamped it on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. It was colored using Tombow Markers using a damp paint brush to blend.

The Classic Red layer behind the main image was cut and embossed with Spellbinders Labels Eighteen . The flower and leaves are from my stash.

The sentiment, also from Impression Obsession, is Sweet Wishes . It was cut with a die from the Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two and framed in red using another die from the same Fancy Tags Two set.

All designer paper is from the My Mind's Eye Life of the Party 6 x 6 paper pad. I just love it when I can use non traditional Christmas paper for my holiday cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I hope you all have a fabulous week!

No comments: