Tuesday, December 21, 2010

For You...

Okay...I told you I was ready to move on to something besides Christmas, even though we're not having Christmas at my house until New Year's.
The stamp I used on this card is a new cling mounted stamp from the latest Penny Black release, called For You . I am always in need of boy cards, and this one is just so stinkin' cute!

I stamped the image on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear Embossing Powder . The image was colored using Tombow Markers and a damp paint brush to blend.

I cut the main image panel with Labels Seventeen Nestabilities then sponged the edges with Tea Dye and Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink .

All designer paper is from the Cosmo Cricket Togetherness 6 x 6 Paper Pad . The buttons are from my Basic Grey Buttons stash, and were threaded with May Arts Burlap String . The cardstock is Classic Red Prismatics and Nautical Blue Prismatics .

That's it for me. We are having our Christmas party at the office today. I finally finished addressing Christmas cards last night, and those are going in today's mail. It's a bit late, I know. But I AM making progress...slowly!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just super precious Michelle!! I love your coloring and how you framed that sweet young man!! Darling!!

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama said...

Fantastic coloring! I love the little bunch of flowers behind his back> :)

Peachy Wessels said...

What an adorable card! I love that stamp. It is cute to see other designs than Christmas, it depresses me because I didn't have any time to work on any Holiday projects. All of the gathering of supplies and they are just sitting on my craft table, waiting for some inspiration. The end of the year tax crunch has taken all of my creative juices and left me with nothing but unfinished projects. I keep saying - that I will have to start my Holiday projects in July! Maybe next year...

Tasha said...

Wow such a beautiful card, i love the bright colours and the image you used
love tasha xx