Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cardinal Altered Notebook

This was a fun project for me. You've probably seen altered notebooks that I've made in the past. There is a TUTORIAL HERE that I did a couple of years ago.
For this one I used the cardinal image from JustRite Stampers Backyard Birds . I stamped the image on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine Ink , embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear Embossing Powder then colored with Tombow Markers .

The designer paper is My Mind's Eye Holly Jolly, and the cardstock is Classic Red and Herbal Garden Prismatics .


I used Spellbinders Labels Seventeen to make the red and green strips behind the main image. Just cut and emboss each side of the paper with the long side of the Spellbinders die. This is what they look like before I assembled them.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your Thursday is terrific!

2 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful Michelle! I love that cardinal image!! And the dies are awesome!!

Joan Ervin said...

Hi Michelle...hope all is well with you and yours!!! Your altered notebook is gorgeous!!!! The cardinal is a real beauty and I love how you used the labels 17...you are sooo creative, gf!!!!