Friday, September 28, 2007

Have a bee-utiful day!


I've been playing with background colors a bit. It's amazing how much difference the background makes the card look.

Actually the darker background is green, but I think it looks black in this picture. Which color do you think looks better?

Anyway....this is a card that I made some time ago and neglected to post. Scary that I forget so many things these days!



The main image is from Stampendous. The stamp is called Bee Daisy . I stamped it on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

The stamped image was colored with Tombow markers, then I added a little Crystal Stickles Glitter Glue to the wings. It was then punched with a Marvy Mega Oval punch. The yellow layer behind it was stamped with a Marvy Giga Scallop Punch . I used a black gel pen to doodle around the scallops.

The sentiment is an A Muse stamp called Bee-utiful Day . I added the A Muse Tiny Bee to the sentiment panel.

The patterned paper is from Basic Grey, and the ribbon is from May Arts.

So....have a great weekend. I hope you get in a little stamping time.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

mimiburroughs said...

Cute card! I love those little bees!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card! The layered scalloped oval is such a nice touch. TFS: Tinla