Sunday, May 6, 2007

Time for Bubbly?

Ahhhh....what a perfect weekend! The only time I seem to get to see my best friend these days is on Saturday, so yesterday we had a fun lunch, did a little shopping and catching up. Today I spent most of the day working on the new web store, but did take a little time for myself to hang out by the pool.

Today is also my older son's birthday. As hard as it is for me to comprehend, he is celebrating his 34th birthday. Geez...am I getting old, or what? He is happy, healthy and dearly loves is mama, so all is right with the world. :-)

This card was sooooooo much fun to make! I've had this set for a couple of weeks, but just hadn't had the time to approach it with the attention I thought it needed.

The stamps are from My Favorite Things, and the set is called Time for Bubbly . I can think of many uses for this set, primarily because it comes with several different sentiments. Isn't it cute? Now what girlfriend wouldn't love to get a card like this?

I stamped the image with VersaFine Black Onyx on watercolor paper, then used Tombow markers and a blender pen to color and shade. I also used my Sakura Stardust pen for a little sparkle on the bubbles.

So...I'm off for a little bubbly myself before Brothers and Sisters comes on tonight. And I may have a little *sparkling bubbly* to go with it.

Have a great week......and maybe a little bubbly for yourself?

5 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This looks super...love the DP you chose!

Pam Speidel said...

Terrific card! I almost bought this set when I bought the cuttlebug dies from you last week. Love how you've watercolored it...makes me want to go soak in some bubbly! :)

Pam Speidel said...

p.s. you have to check out the card I made for you on my blog! I used the image you sent and my new cb die too. :)

michelle sturgeon said...

I love that image, and very pretty paper!

Dymphie said...

What a fun card :-)