Sunday, August 14, 2011

You Make Me Smile

I made this card a few weeks ago to send to a friend. I didn't want to post it on my blog until after he received it. But since he hasn't made me smile lately, I never mailed it. The good news (if there is any) is that I can post it now! MEN! Geez! Haha!
This stamp is one of my all time favorites from Northwoods Rubber Stamps and is appropriately called Geranium Pot . Clever how they came up with that, huh? I stamped it with Onyx Black Versafine ink, and colored with Tombow Markers . You won't believe how super easy this image is to color! Really!!!

The sentiment is Penny Black's You Make Me Smile wood mounted stamp. The two little rhinestones are from Zva Creative's Mini Rhinestones . All designer paper is from the NEW Cosmo Cricket Odds & Ends 6 x 6 Paper Pad .

Since my card base is black, I needed to do something to the inside so I could write a message or stamp another sentiment. Above you can see what I came up with using scraps of paper from the front. Simple, yet dressed up enough to make a statement, I think.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope someone makes YOU smile, and that you have a fabulous week!

3 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

Wow!! This is BEAUTIFUL, Michelle! I love the rich reds! Hope you get to send this to someone soon :) Hugs!

Carol L said...

Rut Roh! No reason to smile isn't a good thing, but this card does make me smile! It's gorgeous, and I love how you did the sentiment panel with crimped cardstock! Those vibrant red flowers are just gorgeous!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is beautiful, a reason to smile all in itself. Love how you used this new dp and the colors. FABULOUS!