Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lynette and an Important Announcement

Before I get to the card, I wanted to let all of you know that I am leaving town around noon tomorrow (Sunday), and will not return until Friday evening, May 28. Unfortunately, I'm in for a whole week of classes ending with a test on Friday. Ugh! Not fun, but quite necessary in order to keep my certification current for my *real* job.

All orders placed before I leave will ship on Monday. Those placed after that will be shipped as soon as I return. Thanks in advance for your understanding.


This adorable image is from Sarah Kay, and is called Lynette Collecting Her Vegetables . I stamped it on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The image was colored using Tombow Markers and a damp paint brush to blend.

I sponged around the top of the card using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink .

The designer paper is from the Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety 6 x 6 paper pad. I used my Ric Rac Diamond Borderability from Spellbinders to make the red and green borders around the band in the center. I added a tiny red button to the corner and threaded it with Green Burlap String .

I plan to have a couple of posts scheduled while I'm away, so it won't seem like I'm really gone! :) Thanks so much for stopping by today.

6 comments:

Carol L said...

Lynette is just adorable! I love that big bow on her hat! The DP is perfect for this great image and I love what you've done with those corners!
Have a safe trip and hurry back!!

kathleen said...

Wishing you good luck and hopefully not a too stressful week.

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, Michelle! Your coloring is superb! Good luck with your class and test. We'll miss you :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Super charming with perfect dp!! I'll be praying for you this week...one week, and you are done!! WOOT!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Awwwwwwww, such a sweet card! Love that stamp and the papers are perfect for it.

Have a great week!

Linby said...

Hope all goes well for the test - know how that feels! Thanks very much for the coupon - you will have something to do when you get back LOL!
Beautiful card, love the colours.
Lynn x