Thursday, February 4, 2010

Taco Soup

Is it cold and rainy at your house? Well, it is here!Last weekend the weather here was so cold that I decided to make a big pot of my favorite Taco Soup. You know...it's comfort food on a day when you need something warm and special. This recipe makes A LOT of soup! I halfed the recipe and still had tons, so I shared some with my neighbor, Tim. He's single and always appreciates a home cooked meal. :)

While I was at it, I decided to photograph the soup and make a recipe card. I have procrastinated about starting my recipe collection. But with inspiration from Denise and her gorgeous recipe cards, I finally decided I had to start somewhere! Be sure to look at her recipe cards on THESE blog posts! Isn't that girl awesome?!?



I typed the recipe on white cardstock using the free CK Becky Font that Mish shared on one of her blog posts. It's a free font called CK Becky and you can get it on Becky Higgins Blog .

The designer paper is from the Basic Grey Offbeat paper pad. The stamped image is from the Cookbookin' U R Cookin' clear stamp set. It was stamped with Onyx Black Versafine ink and colored with Tombow Markers .

As soon as I find the perfect designer paper I am going to make a recipe book from the Cardkeepers Album Kit similar to the one Denise made for her mom. You can see hers in THIS post.

Okay...enough babbling from me today. Thanks so much for stopping by!

10 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Oh YUMMMMMM, does that ever look GOOD! Love the colors in the pattern paper (so perfect for the taco soup recipe) and the corner treatments are a great idea.

Gabriela said...

Wow! Your recipe card is just as beautiful and eye-fetching as Denise's recipe cards. One day I will own a set of Tombows. One day. I promise.

Carol L said...

Drool..... I LOVE taco soup and haven't made it for a long time! Great idea for the recipe cards, and I wish I was your neighbor! We're due to get a foot of snow tomorrow and that soup looks mighty good :)I might have to make a quick trip to the store before the white stuff comes now:)

Ms. Jen said...

Yummy! This is our families favorite recipe too. Passed to me by my mother-in-law. I like to eat it with Scoops (chips)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh this looks so yummy! I am sure my family would love it too!
Your recipe card turned out GREAT! I am always inspired by Denise to make one but it'll take me more than 30 minutes just to figure out how to print it on the computer...rofl!

dining room table said...

The recipe card is so beautiful! The colors that were used is so nice to the eyes. And the dish looks delicious.

Holly said...

Oh I love this recipe card and that yummy looking soup! I need to get back to creating some recipe cards and stamping on them with the new Cookbooking stamps that I got from ya! Thanks for the inspiration!

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my, so yummy looking! Both the recipe and the card!

Brenda said...

Oh my gosh, Michelle. That looks absolutely delicious. I swear I could almost smell that soup from that great picture. I was planning to cook a big pot of chili for the Super
Bowl Game but I am rethinking it because of your Taco Soup!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

YUM, YUM, double YUM!! The recipe sounds delicious, and your card is just super charming Michelle!! Fabulous idea! And that font is fantastic!!