Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ARRGGHH....

are you ready for some fun?

Now how many ways can you take what that sentment could mean? LOL!

I know this isn't my usual style, but I thought this stamp set was so cute I couldn't resist! All the images on this card are from the *NEW* My Cute Stamps set called Pirate Boy . I put both images on my Acrylic Block , inked with Onyx Black Versafine ink, and stamped on watercolor paper. The stamped image was embossed using JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. I then colored with Tombow Markers and blended with a damp paint brush.

The sentiment was stamped on 5/8" Natural Twill using Rich Cocoa Brown Memento ink. I frayed the edges a bit to give it a rustic look, then aged the twill with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink .

The designer paper is from the Old World paper kit by Kaisercraft. The cardstock is Crabapple Dark and Vibrant Teal Prismatics .

I thank you for stopping by my blog today. I will be back soon with something new!

5 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

What an adorable image, Michelle, and I love how you stamped on the twill!!!! This looks like the perfect DGS card!!! Have ya run into any more strange characters in bathrooms lately...LOL!!!

Jingle said...

This is so amazingly cute! I love it!

Christi Flores said...

Ack! Too cute!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh how PERFECT is that Old World DP with the pirate...love it! Lovin' the stamped twill too!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cute card - Michelle!!! The little pirate is so adorable!!! Love your design!!! Hugs ~S~