Sunday, June 14, 2009

Feel Better Soon

I've gotta tell you, on days when you have NO MOJO, the Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoast is a good way to get going!

Today's featured stamper is sumtoy . The card from her gallery that I chose to case is HERE . I used the same stamp set, which is the Dr. Pea-Nut clear stamp set from Our Craft Lounge. I changed the color scheme and parts of the layout.

I stamped on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with detail clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored with Tombow Markers and a damp paint brush.

The border on the top and bottom of the card front was made with a Martha Stewart Arch Lattice punch. The designer paper is from the Basic Grey Ambrosia paper pad.


I added Mini Flower Rhinestones on the panel to the right of the stamped image using my Quickie Glue Pen for adhesive. I hope that didn't make this card too feminine. I was going my best to keep it gender neutral.

The sentiment on the inside is also from the Dr. Pea-Nut stamp set. It was cut and embossed using my Labels Four Nestabilities .

The cardstock is Desert Coral Prismatics medium and Gray Prismatics .

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend. As for me...I'm off to try to find Mo & Jo. They are obviously missing.

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Gabriela said...

Michelle, your card is adorable! It would cheer uop even the most morose of patients. I love the gentle blush in his cheeks and inside his ears. Looks to me like your MoJo isn't too far behind.

Cat Tidwell said...

So awesome Michelle! I just love you coloring! Oh, here's an idea, since you now carry those tombow markers, how about a watercoloring tutorial with them!? I cannot water color for the life of me...and yours is ALWays so gorgeous!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is adorable, Michelle! Just adorable!

Amy Sheffer said...

So cute, Michelle! Such awesome coloring!

Elaine said...

Very nice card. I like how you colored in a grassy field.