Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dylan's Doodles


Last Christmas, Dylan (my 9 year old grandson) asked for note pads on his Christmas list. When I asked him what kind of note pads he wanted, he said, "Mimi, I just love to doodle and draw. So any kind will work." Needless to say, he received a plethora of note pads for Christmas from me, among other things! LOL!

Since then I've thought of Dylan's doodling, and decided to make him this special notebook using my new JustRite Stamper products!

First, I used my Harmony Rectangular Stamper and the Times Roman Font upper case and Times Roman Font Lowercase to write the word Dylan's. I stamped it on Neenah Classic Natural White using Jumbo Java VersaMagic ink.










I then used my Vertical Stamper (the narrow one) and the Times Roman uppercase and lowercase fonts to write the word Doodles. I stamped on my Acrylic Stamp Positioner . Then I removed the "D" from Doodles, inked the stamp and using the stamp positioner I stamped on the paper under Dylan's. Make sense? Perfect alignment...and so easy!


The notebook is one I found at Michael's for 66 cents! Don't you love a great deal? I covered it using Penny Lane Freebird paper from My Mind's Eye. I used my all time favorite Mono Multi Adhesive to glue all the paper down.

The stamps I used to embellish are from the Our Craft Lounge stamp set called Just Bugz . Aren't they adorable? I added some googly eyes and a little Stardust Stickles to the wings of the bug. I was doing my darndest not to make this girly. Do you think I succeeded? I can't wait to give it to him!!!


Just a reminder that we will have the Dreamy Treats giveaway going on. Be sure to see yesterday's post just below my Spellbinders post. You can win the JustRite product of your dreams if you're the lucky winner!

Ohhhhhh...I see that I just passed 150,000 hits on my blog counter yesterday. We must might have to do something to celebrate that tomorrow! :-)

Please be sure to visit Charmaine's blog to see what an awesome JustRite project she has for you today!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I will be back tomorrow with something new.

17 comments:

Kimberly Crawford said...

AWWWW!! LOOK at that!!! AHH! ITS SO CUTE! Dylan is going to LOVE it! The bugs are perfect and I LOVE the way you stamped his name and the title!!! (((HUGS)))

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Michelle, this is absolutely ADORABLE! Oh my gosh. . .you KNOW I love it with those bugs! :)

akagreenhouse said...

I love the 'crossword' idea! I need some JustRite stamps to do these neat things, too! Cathy

Yvonne Jackson said...

Love your notebook. Cutie bugs on there, ideal for little boys ! The JustRite things are so versatile. I love how you can mix and match the horizontal and vertical. Thanks for sharing.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a fantastic Doodle book Michelle!! Dylan will adore it!! The Penny Lane paper is perfect, and the bugs are just darling!! WOWSERS girl!! This is the BOMB!!!

Horsebroad said...

Love the Just Rite stamps, and the label-shaped Nestabilities

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, he's gonna LOOOVE this...so cool!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Oh what fun!
:-)

DJ said...

Love the notebook, it would great gifts for all ages, but that one is just great for boys, I need to do something like that who loves baseball.

FAITH BARTLETT said...

How nice to have a little "doodler" in the family.

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally stinkin' cute - Michelle!!!
Your Grandson is gonna love it!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great notebook, not "girly" at all. I think I am going to make a bunch up for my Grandkids for this Christmas. Won't that be fun. I bet they'll love to have notebooks with thier names on them.

Have a happy stamping day.

Trish in Wisconsin

StampinCathy said...

What a fun notebook and those bugs are just the cutest.

Carolyn King said...

how very cool. i am loving that vertical stamper (and guess what--i just got mine in the mail today! woohoo!)

cal8007 said...

That's why I "need" the vertical stamper. Beautifully done, thanks for sharing,

Carmen

Mothermark said...

This is the coolest Michelle! How fun! Love that you can do scrabble with JustRite! Precious project!

Carol L said...

I'm sure this will be a big winner in Dylan's eyes! I love a good bargain too, but 66 cents?! JACKPOT!! I love the dsp, but those little bugs on the bottom are fantastic! Gotta love this one!
Congrats on all your blog hits Michelle - they're all well deserved!