Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dylan's Butterfly


While the grands were here last weekend, Dylan (my 9 year old grandson) asked me to teach him to watercolor. He absolutely LOVES art, and he's so good at it!

He chose the stamp, the colors and the paper. The only thing I did was cut the ovals for him with my Nestabilities.

I thought he did such an awesome job on this that I wanted to share it with you. This is his VERY FIRST watercolored image. The child has potential, doesn't he? :-)





And just so you know what he looks like, this is his football picture. He's such a good boy and a GREAT big brother to his three younger siblings. Honestly, I couldn't be more proud!!!

I will be back tomorrow with something new AND the winner of the Dreamy Treats for the Stamper's Dream Dreamy Challenge. If you haven't submitted your entry you have until tomorrow. So get crackin'!

Thanks for indulging me. A "Mimi" just has to do these things sometimes. :-)

11 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Awww, look at that sweet boy in his football uniform. He did an AWESOME job with the watercoloring!! Whooo-hooo!

Christi Flores said...

Wow! That is fantastic! I would be proud too and OMG what a cutie!!!

Sandy said...

Great job on that card! He is so very cute!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love Dylan's color choices!! And his coloring is fabulous!! He learned from a pro too!!

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine the pride you're feeling over your handsome little grandson! His artwork is fabulous, but I'd expect no less with him having the best teacher around :) Nice job Mimi :) Take a bow - you deserve it:)

Kelly said...

It's a beautiful butterfly! He did a fabulous job! Very handsome in his football attire, too!

Lynette said...

Great job of watercoloring, Dylan! I can see why you are so proud of him, Grandma:)

retiredheather said...

Congrats to your son. He did do a great job. Guess the family has a budding artist there.
Hugs
Heather

Julie Koerber said...

Awwwww! That card is the cutest -- and so is that boy who made it! Just a darlin'! Isn't that just the best -- spending time together that way??? :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my - he really did a fab job with the card and coloring!!! Tell your grandson I love it!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Awwww, Michelle...what a precious young man and quite the artist!!! I can feel the love and pride...you are really blessed, girl!!!