Sunday, November 2, 2008

Willow with Cookies


Before I move on to today's card, I want to express my most heartfelt gratitude to all of you praying for Laurie and her family. Many have emailed me for their address to send cards of encouragement. I just know that when they get home from Seattle, their mailbox will be overflowing with loving words from so many of you. It makes my heart so happy to know what a wonderful stamping community we have, and how everyone wraps their love and prayers around those in need.

We don't expect more news until tomorrow evening, or maybe even Tuesday. More extensive tests are planned for tomorrow, and they will need to get those results to have new information. In the meantime, keep praying. You can follow the threat regarding Ali's progress on SCS HERE .

Now, you must have known that when I got that shipment of stamps from Whiff of Joy this week that it wouldn't be long before I inked one up! LOL! They are just so darned cute!

The stamps come unmounted, and they are not on cling foam. In one of our marathon phone conversations this week I asked Tosha what she does with unmounted stamps. She said she simply uses double stick tape on the back of the image to adhere it to her acrylic block, then uses one of the foam pads that comes with Inque Boutique stamps underneath it. I'm definitely going to give her method a try the next time, because I had already ordered cling foam from Blockheads Paper Arts . I was really impressed with their customer service, and their shipping was super fast! I love that!

I stamped Willow with Cookies on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with detail clear embossing powder. I colored the stamped image with Tombow (water based) markers.

I really had not intended to cut out the image, but I had a little boo-boo which made it unavoidable. Somehow I accidentally got red ink on my hand, which transferred to the w/c paper. Don't you hate it when that happens?

I used my Nestabilities petite ovals to cut the ovals. The paper is Cosmo Cricket Winter Wonderland. I bought it last year and never used it, so I was excited when I ran across it this weekend. The cardstock is Sunflower Prismatics , Sage Prismatics and I think the red is Blush Red Prismatics . I forgot to write that one down. The ribbon is from my stash.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back soon with something new.

11 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

I love your awesome coloring and how you have her cut out of the oval. Love that technique. Looks fantastic!

Cat Tidwell said...

Ohhh this is awesome Michelle! Love that color of red and green, really rich looking! Beautiful coloring on this too! Love that cut out, happy accidents! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, your choice of the old regal colors is perfect for this stamp. You realy did a marvelous job. Thank you for the updates on Laurie's daughter and for the address. I've already made them 6 cards. My heartfelt prayers are with Laurie and her family.

Anonymous said...

I love the almost vintage look of this card! The colors are wonderful and the image is just adorable! Thanks for the updates on Laurie and her daughter - I'm hoping for good news soon.

Kimberly Crawford said...

She is SO cute!!!! Love the colors you used!!!

Elizabeth S. said...

Love this card!! This is such and adorable image.

Amy Sheffer said...

Thanks so much for the updates on Laurie and Ali! Your card is beautiful!! Love the sweet image and how you've framed her in the warm, golden oval shape.

Christi Flores said...

What a sweet image!! Awesome card!!

Carolyn King said...

ohhh baby--what a stunner this is! Awesome Michelle!!!!

Kelli C. said...

Oh, this is so precious! And your coloring is wonderful! LOVE these new stamps!!

Jennifer Scull said...

wow - what a great card! and I'm so thrilled that we can all help out a stamping friend in need. saying lots of prayers for their family. thank you for the many updates!