Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sympathy Cards


A couple of weeks ago a friend asked me to make a few sympathy cards for him. As much as I do not like to make sympathy cards (who does?) it's sometimes necessary. Since he was in a hurry for them I had to make something quick and easy.

This card was made with Paper Inspirations Cat Tails rubber stamp. It's one of my favorites for masculine cards, but I think it worked well here too.

I colored on the rubber with my Tombow (water based) markers, spritzed with water using a JudiKins Extra Fine Mister , then stamped on Neenah Natural White cardstock. It was cut and embossed with my Petite Oval Nestabilities.

The background layer was textured with my Dotted Swiss Cuttlebug folder (currently out of stock). I used my ScorPal to make a couple of score lines, then stamped the sentiment from an old stamp that I use a lot. It's by Printworks.

You will notice that I stamped the cream colored envelope with the Cat Tails to match the card.


The second card was SUPER quick and easy. I let my Inque Boutique Memoirs designer paper do most of the work.

The sentiment is With Sympathy . I simply added a few Prima flowers, and a Kaiser Craft Pearl .

The cardstock is Stormy Prismatics .

To make it a little more special I lined the envelope with the same Memoirs paper. But did I remember to take a picture of that before I gave it to him? No.....

So, by now I hope all of you have heard the good news that Laurie , Ali and Urs are going home tomorrow. I have to tell you, I've been on Cloud 9 all day! You can catch up with all the news on the SCS Thread HERE . Please continue to keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for stopping by. I will be back soon.

Until then...

10 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

These are so beautifully done. Striking!

Anonymous said...

these are great!! i love the simplicity of them!!!

Anonymous said...

Well for someone who doesn't like making sympathy cards your results would definitely disprove you. These are wonderful. On another note, the order I placed with you yesterday morning arrived today and I didn't even pay for overnight delivery. How DO you do it? Thank you for the awesomest red and yellow plaid ribbon. It's the best! No. Wait! YOU'RE the best!

Kerry Johnson said...

These are gorgeous!!! Love the sentiment on the first one - no wonder you use it often!. I was so happy to read Tosh's update on SCS - I'm still praying that Ali will be healed and for Laurie and her family.

Sonia said...

These are simple yet elegant cards, just right for the ocasion.
Hugs Sonia x

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Michelle these are both lovely. They are perfect for sympathy cards and elegant too. The cat tails card is especially touching and beautiful. Love how you've stamped on the envelope too. A lovely touch!

Rita said...

Gorgeous cards!

Thanks for the info on Laurie & her family.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous Michelle!! I love the embossing on the cattails, and the beautiful papers on the sympathy card!! Both are awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle - both are sooooo gorgeous!!! I don't like to make them either, but it will bring comfort to the recipient!!! Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

I love the embossing and scoring on the first one. I have a brass stencil with a similar image that I often use to make sympathy cards! It just works for me! Great colors and flowers on the 2nd card, but I just LOVE those fonts on both sentiments!
Thx for all the updates on Laurie too. So far the news is better than expected, and hopefully further updates will continue on that same path.