Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Solitaire


The main image for this card is Penny Black's Solitaire poinsettia stamp. It's a long time favorite of mine, and one I keep going back to every Christmas.

I colored on the rubber with Tombow (water based) markers, then spritzed with my JudiKins Extra Fine Mister .

The flower was stamped on Prism Frosted Pink cardstock from the Pink Prismatics paper pack. You can click on the photo <--- to see the beautiful texture of the cardstock. The sentiment is Merry Christmas from Impression Obsession. I stamped it with VersaMark ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Gold embossing powder.


The stamped sentiment was cut and embossed using Spellbinders Double Ended Tags . The ribbon is May Arts .

The light pink layer behind the main image is Iced Pink, also from the Prismatics Pink paper pack. The red cardstock is Blush Red Dark .

Once my card was put together I added Blush Pearls to each of the four corners. To add some sparkle I put Christmas Red stickles on the poinsettia, and Holly Stickles on portions of the leaves and stem.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

5 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

This is gorgeous! I love how you did the flower, havent tried that technique yet..and those pearls are the perfect touch! Add me to your christmas list please! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, this is sooo pretty! The embossed sentiment panel is awesome and is such a perfect compliment to a simple, yet elegant floral image! I've never seen Prismatics cardstock IRL, but it looks gorgeous in your photo! What a beautiful vibrant pink!

Christi Flores said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful Michelle!! Love the sparkle of your flower!! And the colors are fabulous!! Love the pearls too!! Awesome card!!

Shirley said...

Oh, Michelle, a great technique and a really beautiful card! Love how you used the I-O Merry Christmas and the ribbon. TFS