Wednesday, January 2, 2008

We Need Girl Time

These little bees make me smile all over! They are from Stampendous, and the stamp is called Bee Buddies .

I stamped the image on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

At this point I cut and embossed with my circle Nestabilities before coloring with the Tombow markers. I mentioned this in a post a couple of days ago, but I've had a little trouble with the ink smudging if I cut after I've colored the image first.




The sentiment is We Need Girl Time from Inkadinkado. I stamped it using VersaColor Green Tea ink, then embossed with detail clear embossing powder.

The designer paper is all from the Basic Grey Mellow collection.

Well, if you were all as excited about going back to work as I was today, you were just ecstatic...right? I must admit the day went quickly, as I had so much going on. I love it when that happens.

Have a fabulous Thursday! The weekend will be here before you know it!

Thanks for stopping by! I have something new planned for you tomorrow!

10 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

These guys are adorable, love that paper, great card

Alex said...

This is darling Michelle - love this! And, Happy New Year! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kerry Johnson said...

Love those bees and that sentiment is awesome! I'm loving all those layers with the nestabilities!! Great card!

Pam Speidel said...

OMG Michelle! I am in love with this CUTE card! Not only the image, but the colors, the sentiment - everything! I do have a question for you regarding the Nestibilities. I don't understand how you are able to stamp your image and then cut it out. How do you keep it in place on the template? Does this make sense or is it a dumb question? I stamp my image after I cut it out because I haven't figured out how to do it the other way. What am I missing? LoL As always, appreciate you expertise! Smiles, Pam :)

Anonymous said...

love these busy little bees:) perfect sentiment for the image too. You really do your coloring so well!! I would have taken one look at that BG paper and said "no way" but you managed to use it and have it look great! You're an amazing and gifted card maker :) TFS

SmilynStef said...

I so need that sentiment ... love it with those adorable bees. So cute.

Suzy said...

So happy and cute! *Love* You are such an enabler I HAVE to have that sentiment now!

Happy New year!!!!!
Suzy

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh so cute and colorful! This is such a cheerful card. I love it.

Like Pam, I'm wondering too about stamping prior to punching with the nestabilities. I don't have them yet but trying to gain as much info as possible. I just wondered how you line up the image prior to cutting the image. Or, does stamping after cutting the circle/square/oval...does stamping cause the loss of some of the embossed detail from the nestabilities? Does that make sense?

Anyway, cute, CUTE card!

~ Jennifer

Aimee said...

What an adorable card... those bees are too cute..

Mindy said...

I love these busy little bees. That's some yummy background paper! Thanks for sharing!

Mindy