Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pink Tigress

I have to admit that I'm not thrilled with this card. IMHO, it's too pink. This just may be a tanker! My friend Tosh refers to cards she makes and doesn't like as "tankers". LOL! Actually, she hasn't made one YET that I didn't like! :-)

The stamp is Penny Black's Tigress . I think it is such a beautiful stamp, and I didn't do it justice here.

I stamped it on watercolor paper, then colored the image with Tombow markers and a blender pen using shades of pink to compliment the designer paper. The corners were punched with a Concave Corner Punch , then I used my new Pearlized Mini Brads in the corners.

The stamen on the flowers were embellished with Raspberry Liquid Pearls for color and dimension.

For the sentiment panel I used Penny Black's Harlequin Border and colored on the rubber with Tombow markers. You could also ink it with a stamp pad. I overstamped the harlequin design with Think Spring .

For finish it off I used Hero Arts crystals on the corners of some of the harlequins. I like the added dimension with just a touch of bling!

I assure you that I will be using this stamp again! I need to prove to myself that I can make something with it that I really like! It's a personal thing, you know?

Thanks for stopping by, and for all your comments. I read them every one!

18 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

You more that did this stamp justice, it is awesome.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

A tanker? No way! At least not in my opinion. I love this card. It is pink but the black and pearls just make it so elegant. Feel free to send it my way...just PLEASE do not "tank" it! :)

~ Jennifer

Jan Scholl said...

I love this! I am putting it in my lust file. I also am gonna order this stamp and try and do it in browns and oranges.

pretty pretty.

mimiburroughs said...

Love the card too...course, I love pink!! :-) Love all the stamps too and those great 'pearls'...you did GOOD!!! As usual!

Amy Sheffer said...

I love checking your blog regularly. Not sure I've ever left a comment before, though. Just HAD to today. You're being way too hard on yourself if you think this one's a tanker! Oh my gosh, it's beautiful! All the tiny dimensional embellishments copmlement each other so well ... the liquid pearls, brads, crystals. And I DO love pink!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, have you seen your eye doctor lately?!?! LOL I honestly cannot understand what you don't like about this GORGEOUS card!! It's stunning!! I LOVE the pink tones, and the way you stamped that harlequin behind the fonts is awesome! the pearls, brads and sparkles on this card just make it one incredible work of art. Feel free to send it to me if you hate it so much! LOL I LOVE it!! Don't you DARE toss that in the trash!!

Carolyn King said...

NOPE....sorry...this card is beautiful. Love how you did the flower centers.
Sorry....no tanker here.
(You and tosh are blow a bunch of hot air!)

Diane said...

This is gorgeous girl!!!! Why I think you're way tooooo hard on yourself!!

Alex said...

If you think this is a tanker, you need to have your eyes checked, girl!! This card is gorgeous - the coloring, the paper, the bling, everything! I love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa said...

Oooooh! This is lovely!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Seize the Daisy! said...

I think you should tank it too. My tank address is.... Really, it's too pretty to tank. Love that stamp.
LoriE.

Susan G said...

Tank it--no way!! It's gorgeous. My DIL would love it. Her favorite color is pink, and I always try for a pink card when I'm sending her one.

Michele Kovack said...

This is stunning!!! Love those flowers!

Yosha said...

Tanked?! Seriously?! I Love this card and the flower cards you've done lately!! I am not a pink girl myself, but I still really like this card. Love the background on the sentiment...that is such a great idea that I'd like to use at some point, if you don't mind!

Cheers

Lastel said...

Definitely NOT a tanker , it's gorgeous , I love all the pink , you can never have too much pink , love love love this card !!!

Anonymous said...

Don't listen to Carolyn!!!! When I say my card is a tanker, at least it really is. You my friend do not know what a true tanker card is!! The harlequin bg...awesome!! The coloring....awesome!! The pearls...awesome. The banded sentiment.....did I mention...awesome? With all these awesomes listed, where does the word tanker come in? Next time you're going to use my word, make sure it truly fits. Bwahahahah!!

Unknown said...

Oh...this is gorgeous! The LP on it is perfect!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful - love those pearls and the colours used (my favourites!!)

TFS