Saturday, November 17, 2007

So Sweet


When I saw this image in the Gina K North Pole rubber stamp set, I knew I had to have it!

I stamped the image on watercolor paper using Versafine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder.

One of the reasons I used watercolor paper was so I could do some shading. The other reason is that I knew I wanted to add heavy glitter, and I was concerned that regular cardstock might warp a bit. Since watercolor paper is heavier, it was not a concern.

Remember that you can click on the image-----> to enlarge for more detail.

I cut out the stamped image with my Nestabilites, then embossed....love those! Then I colored with Tombow markers. The "fluff" is White Liquid Applique . I heated it ever so slightly to get a little "puff" before adding Stickles Glitter Glue to the entire image...including on top of the Liquid Applique.

The "sweet" sentiment is also in the North Pole set. I stamped it then cut it out with my SU! Word Window punch. In order to make it stand out a bit more, I used my Word Window punch on a piece of hot pink and green cardstock as well. I cut each piece down the middle and adhered them behind the sweet sentiment.

The designer paper is called Holiday Gingham from Karen Foster. The ribbon is from my Michael's stash.

I hope you all have a great Sunday. Please be sure to check back tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop staring at this WONDERFUL card! I LOVE everything about it! The colors, the layers, the ribbon, etc. I think it's one of the cutest cards I've ever seen!! I'll give it a rave review -it's just suh-weeeeeet!!! I may be your biggest fan:)

mimiburroughs said...

Such a cute, sweet card!! LOVE the colors!

Tanja said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

This looks sweet enough to eat!! Beautiful.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Adorably sweet!!! Love the color combo!!!