Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fun on the Beach


Yes....I know it's a little too cool for the beach today! But I just got this stamp in from Inkadinkado and I couldn't wait to color it!

The name of the stamp is Fun on the Beach . I guess maybe it reminds me of those carefree days when life was so simple. We weren't rushed all the time, and didn't have deadlines. Remember? Ahhh....those WERE the days!

I stamped on watercolor paper using VersaFine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The image was colored using Tombow markers and a blender pen.

For the bottom of the card I tore pieces of tan cardstock, then chalked them using a Q-tip. I laid them into three layers to give the appearance of a sandy beach, then tucked the colored image inside one of the layers.

The sentiment is from A Muse, and is called Life's Simple Pleasures . It just seemed so appropriate for the mood I was trying to create.

This really was a fun card for me. I love trying different things...and this style was certainly different for me!

Thanks for reading my blog, and leaving such nice comments for me. I will have something new for you tomorrow....I hope?



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet image. And that saying is one of my favorite A Muse stamps!

Anonymous said...

It's a stroke of pure genius the way you layered and sponged that cardstock to look like sand! That's really a great effect and gives this card a life of its own! The sentiment is perfect too! I love everything about this card! TFS:)

doverdi said...

Love the way that you did this card. I bought this image as I just fell in love with it. It is so sweet. TFS

Kris H said...

Lovely card. I really like how you did the sand/beach on this. I'll have to remember this idea.

Louise (KardKrazy) said...

That sand effect is fabulous. Great card!