Monday, March 1, 2010

My Mom's Mexican Cornbread

Can you tell that I'm on a recipe binge? I was feeling a little nostalgic recently, and decided to make my mom's Mexican Cornbread recipe to go with a pot of homemade soup I had made. Of course, I shared both with my neighbor Tim. :)
First, I typed the recipe in Microsoft Word using a font called CK Becky. You can find it FREE on Becky Higgins Blog . I left enough space for my image, then printed on white cardstock. The stamped image is from Cookbookin's Cookin' Up Memories stamp set. It was stamped with Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder and colored using Tombow Markers .


I always bake cornbread in a preheated cast iron skillet. I know it's because that's how my mother baked hers.

This picture is just a slice of the cornbread so you can see how yummy it looks with all that good stuff inside! It's such an easy recipe, and it's DELISH! :)

Thanks for stopping by today! I will be back soon with something new.

9 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Looks and sounds delicious, girl. Awesome recipe card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

YUM!! Not only does the cornbread look delightful, so does your charming recipe card Michelle!! Love it!

Gabriela said...

Your adorable recipe card is downright beautiful, and I'd be willing to bet that your mother's recipe is mouth watering and satisyingly deicious, too!

Bev J. said...

Yum, looks delicious and a neat recipe card. I use Jiffy cornbread mix and always use my cast iron skillet!

Merilee Lane, Where Life is But a Dream said...

Yummy!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Darling card Michelle!
I am getting ready to do a receipe card file for a young newly married couple and this is great inspiration! Perfect timing!! :)

I am going to try this receipe, my husband will love it! He loves anything with corn in it, so this I think will be a big hit!

Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

Girl! You have no idea how happy you are making my hubby. That taco soup was so good, I turned around and made it again. Now the cornbread? Wow!!
I have made recipe cards before but they were on 5x7 paper. Never liked it though. This is a winner.
Sharon L

Carol L said...

This looks so yummy! If only I could cook in a cast iron pan *sigh*
Love the recipe cards and especially the fonts! I've been using the same font for my watermark for months now! GMTA :)

Silke Ledlow said...

YUMMO....I wish I could come over and have dinner with you :) - it looks delicious!!!

Your recipe card is AWESOME - Michelle!!! Hugs ~S~