Sunday, October 4, 2009

Noel Charity

Well it was definitely a stamping kind of day here today! It has been raining all day long, and there is a slight chill in the air as if fall is really coming! So I took advantage of the weather, stayed inside and stamped! As if I needed an excuse! LOL!Isn't this a sweet image? It is from the new Noel 2009 Christmas Collection by Sarah Kay, and it's called Noel Charity . I stamped on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored with Tombow Markers . The edges of the oval were distressed with Tea Dye Distress Ink . The only other thing I did to the stamped image was a little detailing on the white parts of her hat and between the bricks using my White Opaque Pen .

The designer paper is from the Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses paper pad. The cardstock is all three shades from the Crabapple Prismatics paper trio. The ribbon is May Arts Pink Crochet .

The snowflakes were punched from McGill punches, then covered with Diamond Glaze and sprinkled with Krystallos Vintage Glass . While the diamond glaze was still wet, I also sprinkled Crystal Ultrafine Glitter on top. You can click on the pictures to get a larger view. I just LOVE those snowflakes! LOL!

I'm off to catch up on the housework I didn't do this weekend, and hopefully a little time for the many Google Reader posts I haven't yet read.

Thanks for stopping by. I will be back tomorrow with something new.

9 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

I hear ya on the housework...I was a painting fool today!...painting as much as I could, running to lowe's, etc.

This card is amazing!!...love that image with the eskimo DP and crabapple colors. I think I need some of that pink crochet ribbon too. Beautiful work, girl!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh this is just gorgeous - Michelle!!! What a sweet, sweet image for the holidays!!! Hugs ~S~

Amy Sheffer said...

Oh my gosh, this is the sweetest! I love the Eskimo Kisses pattern you chose! And the colors and coloring are fantastic!

Gabriela said...

Michelle - i just love, love, LOVE! this image and card. Such sweetness - you DO have quite the knack.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is just adorable Michelle!! Love the dp you used for the bg. I have this image cut and colored and all ready to make into a card tomorrow. Great minds and all that!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable Michelle!
--hugs Becca

Carol L said...

What a beautifully done, sweet image! Love that dsp, the snowflakes and the crochet border!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my is this gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous!

Jennifer Scull said...

so beautiful! I love the crochet trim and glitter glass snowflakes with this! wonderful! :)