Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tea Cup with Flowers

As much as I enjoyed Christmas this year, I'm happy to be making something besides Christmas cards! Is it just me? Or is everyone ready to move on?

This is a Northwoods stamp called Tea Cup with Flowers . I stamped it on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored using Tombow (water based) markers and a damp paint brush.



I used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder to emboss the purple piece in the center to add a bit of texture. The cardstock I used is Majestic Purple Prismatics light and medium, and Pink Prismatics medium. The ribbon is May Arts .

I'm off to start taking down the Christmas tree and get it back in the attic for another year. But I'm thinking I may need a bit of a nap first! :-)

Thanks so much for stopping by. I have something new ready for you tomorrow.

Until then...

14 comments:

Kimberly Crawford said...

GORGEOUS!! WOW! Beautiful coloring!!!!!!!!!!

mudmaven said...

This is absolutely wonderful! What a great job you did coloring this image. WOW! ~chris

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Your teacup is fabulous!! It makes me want to color a teacup -- LOL!!! GORGEOUS watercoloring!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Word! Your teacup card's got my name written all over it! What stunning water colors - your card is nothing short of sepctacular- I LOVE it!

Cat Tidwell said...

Just gorgeous Michelle! Your coloring with water colors rocks! I sure wish I could do that with them..been trying lol! nothing worth posting yet though, haha!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous image, and I LOVE your coloring. Awesome, GF!

Anonymous said...

He,he,he - I hear you loud and clear!!!! I already moved on too....

Love your card - Michelle!!! It's gorgeous!!!The image and the purpel color is fab - your coloring is WOW!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh Michelle!!! Your coloring is outta this world gorgeous!!! WOW!! I love this stunning beauty!!

Anonymous said...

This is SO refreshing after all the holiday cards I'm burned out from making! I LOVE how you colored this incredibly stunning image! The purple/pink combo looks awesome!

Heather "Hev" said...

How beautiful this is :)

retiredheather said...

Wonderful card. I love you coloring and that stamp is absolutely fantastic.
Wonderful
Heather

Joan Ervin said...

There ya go again, you enabler, you!!! i absolutely love that image and your coloring is super FABULOUS!!!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

I love this card! Yep! I do. Everything about it.

Silke Ledlow said...

Where have I been - LOL!!!
I missed all those fab cards you've made!!!

This card is simply gorgeous!!! Love the purple and your coloring is again superb my friend!!!

Hugs
~Silke~