Sunday, October 19, 2008

New Feature...and Winter Magic

I am soooooo loving the new look of my blog! And I can't thank Sara enough for all her hard work! She is super talented, and a great friend to boot!

The Dream Team page will be updated again soon for Laurie's bio as well as Carolyn . So watch for those changes! Don't I have the most wonderful and talented group of designers? I am so proud of each and every one of them!

A new feature that I'm super excited about is THIS!
Stamper's Dream
If you would like to have this button for your blog, all you have to do is email me and I will send you the code. Then I will link to you on my blog under the "Friends" heading on my sidebar as a Friend of Stamper's Dream! I have to be able to keep track of all my friends! :-)

Another new feature is the Stamper's Dream Gallery link at the top of the page. If you click on that it will take you to the gallery in Stamper's Dream so you can see all the Dream Team's fabulous work.

So...on to my card.

You all know by now that I am a huge fan of Northwoods Rubber Stamps . They are VERY deeply etched, and a joy to color! This is a new one called Deer Pair in Winter Woods . Not only is it a great winter stamp, but it could also be easily adapted as a Christmas card.

Since I work with a lot of men, and they are all deer hunters, I thought this would be a great stamp to add to my personal collection for those hard-to-make masculine cards.

I stamped the image on watercolor paper using Onyx Black Versafine ink, then embossed with JudiKins Detail Clear embossing powder. The stamped image was colored with Tombow (water based) markers.

I added Frosted Lace Stickles to the lines of snow, and a touch of Yellow Stickles to the moon.

The sentiment, also from Northwoods, is Script Winter Magic . I stamped it on Twilight Prismatics light. Then I used my petite oval Nestabilities to cut and emboss.

The other cardstock used on this card is also from the Twilight Prismatics paper pack.

The wide ribbon is some I bought on clearance last year at Michael's in the Christmas ribbon section. It was a steal!

So, that's it for me friends! I'm off to start freaking out over laundry and all the other chores I've been ignoring this weekend. Tomorrow is Monday, and we all know what THAT means!

Thanks so very much for stopping by. I will be back soon with something new.

13 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous image, and I love your beautiful coloring and layout. :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh Michelle...this is fabulous! Love that stamp (dh is a big hunter!) and your colouring is awesome!

Laura lok said...

gorgeous stamp and you did a great job of coloring it. I alway slove their stamps but havne't colored many of them

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE this, Michelle! You really have the most amazing coloring skillz!

Anonymous said...

Michelle ~ I want your Stampers Dream posted on my blog...cannot find your email addy. Your coloring on this card is so very perfect...BTW...I bought my very first online stamp from you :)

Anonymous said...

This is indeed a lovely holiday card as well as being a great MAN card. I like your work!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful...love those deer--this is a fantastic card! (so reminds me of Pennsylvania!)

Alhambra Club said...

Your new look is fantastic, love it, and your card is awesome.

Christi Flores said...

Your card is gorgeous!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

wow! that is beautiful!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Girl can you color!!! Gorgeous!! What a fantastic masculine Christmas card!!

Anonymous said...

this card is GREAT!!!

Atty said...

Wonderful Card, such great details.